Monday, November 2, 2009

Day of First's




There were two important first's today. First free flight and first bath.




I intended to fly him free yesterday but my plans were spoiled by a juvenile Bald eagle. I flew him to the lure on the creance and then just when I was planning to un-tie the string for the second flight an eagle flew right over us, looking down and circled 3 times overhead. I chickened out and did the second flight on the creance also.




But today there was no creance. He made 8 or 9 circles around me, making a few half hearted attempts at the lure then I threw it out on the ground and he flew right down to it.




Back at home he finally decided to use his bath pan and take his first bath on his shelf perch.

1 comment:

Matt Mullenix said...

The Peregrine has landed!