Monday, November 17, 2008

I found them all

Today was one of those days I was so glad that my wife did not have a camera. I managed to find every hole in my field today. I went head over heels, tumbling across the ground today more than the total of most seasons.

One instance I should have broken my leg or at least tore something in my knee. I was running full speed toward a palmetto full of sparrows and the merlin was locked in. I crashed the palmetto and stepped knee deep in a hole. I felt my knee hyper extend and it vaulted me out of the bush and onto the ground (again).

The feral pig population is out of control this year and they have created quite the obstacle course for me. I'm really hoping that I don't end another season with knee surgery.

The Shaheen did much better today, up 1,000' to the kite. Shaheens are very small at 1,000'. And did much better on the glove.

The merlin flew great, chasing sparrows and dodging my flailing legs as I tumbled across the ground. She started strong but she was spun out when she hit a stiff weed while chasing a sparrow. She seemed to slow down after that but still flew good.

2 comments:

Matt Mullenix said...

Just dont bust yourself up before the trip bud!

Eric Edwards said...

Diana spent almost as much time on the ground as I did, rolling around laughing.